Transit Future in Prince George
What is Transit Future?
Transit Future is all about you, your transit system and your community. Developed with your input, these plans outline what your transit system will look like in the future. Depending on the community and its specific needs, a plan can take a variety of different forms.
Learn more about the different types of Transit Future Plans here. By being part of the development of a Transit Future Plan, you are helping to improve transit for yourself and for your entire community. So get involved, share your input, and be a part of shaping your transit system now and for the generation to come.
Why do we need Transit Future?
Transit Future guides transit investment that is supportive of livable communities, through:
- Offering more transportation choice
- Supporting smart land use plans that focus on walking, cycling and transit
- Meeting climate change goals
- Making it easy to access everyday services on foot, by bike and by transit
Help us Plan Your Future
Population and traffic growth means we need to shift our focus from moving cars to moving people. To minimize the high economic, environmental and social costs of traffic congestion and road expansion, we must move people more efficiently. Transportation should take us where we want to go, when we want to go there. To create an efficient system, we need your input.
Prince George Transit Future Action Plan
- Introduction of holiday service.
- Improvement of weekend service frequency and increasing the span of the service day.
- Beginning to develop the Future Rapid Transit Network and the Future Frequent Transit Network.
BC Transit and the City of Prince George will also be hosting open housed in the community:
- March 9, 2020 – Pine Centre Mall, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- March 10, 2020 – University of Northern British Columbia, Conference Centre near bus loop, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- March 10, 2020 – Prince George Public Library, 2nd Floor, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- March 11, 2020 – College of New Caledonia, Gathering Place, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- March 11, 2020 – Prince George Public Library, 2nd Floor, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Can’t attend any of the open houses above? Complete this survey to give us your input!
You can also view the materials available at the open house engagements by following the link below:
Transit Future Action Plan - Boards
You can also provide your ideas and comments about the Transit Future Action Plan to: email@example.com