Eliminate the empty seats in your vehicle! Share a ride to work, or wherever your daily routine takes you.
To employers and participants:
- Reduced parking requirements at work sites
- Mobility for people who do not have access to an automobile
- Cost savings for commuters
- Opportunity to seek employment at work sites that might otherwise be inaccessible
- Expanded and stabilized labour markets for employers, by providing reliable access from outlying areas
- Social opportunities for commuters
- Reduced wear and tear on personal vehicles
- Reduced stress associated with commuting
For local and provincial governments, and transportation agencies such as BC Transit:
- An alternative to transit service in areas too remote or with too low a density to support conventional transit service
- Support for and integration with travel demand management programs and trip reduction program
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Reduced air and noise pollution
Car sharing is a revolution in urban transportation – access to a car when you need it, without the cost, hassle and pollution of ownership. Car sharing is affordable, convenient and environmentally sustainable.
By joining a car sharing network, you’ll have access to a fleet of vehicles parked in your neighbourhood – and across the city, when you need one. You’ll save money, and play an important role in reducing the environmental impact of vehicles.