Transit Future in Vernon
Transit Future Action Plan in the North Okanagan
- Introduction of route 10 Middleton Mountain
- Modifications to route 60 Enderby/Vernon
- Frequency and span increases on routes 1-10
- Introduction of statutory holiday service and increased weekend service on routes 60 and 61
- Span increases on route 90 UBCO/Vernon
What is Transit Future?
Transit Future is all about you, your transit system and your community. Developed with your input, these plans outline what your transit system will look like in the future. Depending on the community and its specific needs, a plan can take a variety of different forms.
Learn more about the different types of Transit Future Plans here. By being part of the development of a Transit Future Plan, you are helping to improve transit for yourself and for your entire community. So get involved, share your input, and be a part of shaping your transit system now and for the generation to come.
Why do we need Transit Future?
Transit Future guides transit investment that is supportive of livable communities, through:
- Offering more transportation choice
- Supporting smart land use plans that focus on walking, cycling and transit
- Meeting climate change goals
- Making it easy to access everyday services on foot, by bike and by transit
Help us Plan Your Future
Population and traffic growth means we need to shift our focus from moving cars to moving people. To minimize the high economic, environmental and social costs of traffic congestion and road expansion, we must move people more efficiently. Transportation should take us where we want to go, when we want to go there. To create an efficient system, we need your input.