Terrace Transit Future Service Plan
The Terrace Transit Future Service Plan outlines improvements for transit service (routes and schedules), and infrastructure over the next 3-5 years in the Terrace Regional Transit System
Stakeholder Workshops - February 2019
View the results of the stakeholder workshops in February 2019 here. The input collected will help inform service concepts and priorities for the plan. Public engagement will be held in the spring of 2019 once options have been developed.
Priorities and Goals of the Terrace Transit Future Service Plan
The Terrace Transit Future Service Plan will build upon the 2012 Terrace Regional Transit Service Review and will include:
- Identifying community changes impacting transit demand now and in next five to seven years, such as:
- Current and planned growth of post-secondary programs
- New or planned medium and high density developments
- The redevelopment of Mills Memorial Hospital
- Transportation Master Plan priorities
- Reviewing the existing priorities contained in the Service Review (2012) in light of this information
- Removing outdated priorities and adding in new priorities in order to address and meet transit needs in the near and medium-term
This process allows us to work with develop targeted stakeholders who represent different interests and community members of the Terrace area to develop service concepts. These concepts will form the basis for options presented in open houses to general public for review and refinement. Once completed, the plan will be presented for endorsement by the City of Terrace. Following municipal endorsement, BC Transit will start to implement changes to improve the transit system.
Are you a transit rider? In addition to key community stakeholders, BC Transit is interested in having everyday transit riders participate in the service options workshop. To express interest please email:
BC Transit, the City of Prince Rupert and the District of Port Edward invite you to participate in an online survey to identify transit priorities in the Prince Rupert Transit System.
The feedback shared will help develop a Transit Future Service Plan, which will support transit decision-making, service and infrastructure improvements.
To access our online survey and provide your feedback, visit https://engage.bctransit.com/terrace2021 through April 9, 2021.