Transit Future in Agassiz-Harrison
Transit Future envisions what a community's transit network should look in the future, as projected and described by residents, transit users and the strategic community plans of the City of Chilliwack and Fraser Valley Regional District.
Transit Future identifies and prioritizes the transit service and infrastructure investments needed to reach ridership goals, and achieve the associated carbon reduction, social, congestion and economic benefits of transit.
Transit Future Action Plan (2021)
This plan is nearly complete! BC Transit, working with City of Chilliwack and Fraser Valley Regional District staff, is nearing the completion of an update of the Transit Future Plan entitled the Transit Future Action Plan . This update will guide “everything transit” over the short and medium-term.
As of December 2021, the Transit Future Action Plan sections related to the City of Chilliwack and Fraser Valley Express (FVX) have been completed. BCT Transit and FVRD staff continue work on the Paratransit section of the plan, which applies to rural transit services such as Kent, Hope, and Harrison Lake.
Once the plan is completed, it is anticipated to undergo it’s next update in 5 to 6 years.
Transit Future Plan (2012)
- Development of the Route 1 Veddar into a higher frequency service
- Holiday service introduced (all routes)
- Creation of the 66 Fraser Valley Express, connecting Chilliwack and Abbostford to Metro Vancouver
- A connection between Hope and Aggasiz, serving communities along Highway 7
- Evans Line extended (Route 2, 8)
- Enhanced service to Yarrow & Greendale (Route 5)