BC Transit Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
What we’re doing
BC Transit is following the lead of health officials when it comes to our response to COVID-19. We want to remind everyone that we need to work together, and that we need your help to keep the system safe and clean for yourself and those around you.
We have implemented enhanced cleaning measures for our fleet of buses across the province. This enhanced cleaning includes:
- Daily cleaning
- Enhanced disinfecting cleaning for high touch areas including stanchions, hand straps, stop buttons, doors, and seat tops
- Detailed cleaning as required for each bus
BC Transit is closely monitoring the situation and we remain in contact with regional health authorities and other transit agencies in order to determine best practices and ensure our response is appropriate.
How you can help
We advise everyone to follow the guidelines set out by the Canadian Public Health Agency:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand. Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands especially after coming in contact with commonly touched surfaces like handrails, vending machines and poles.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
For more information on COVID-19, please see any of the following pages:
[BC Centre for Disease Control - Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)|http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)]