Free transit on election day in your community
GLOBAL – BC Transit and 13 local government partners across the province will be offering free transit on federal election day, Monday, October 21. The free transit will help make it easier for residents to get to the polls and cast their ballots.
Take advantage of free transit in the following communities:
- Cowichan Valley – including handyDART but does not apply to commuter routes (44 Victoria/Duncan, 66 Duncan Commuter, and 99 Shawnigan Lake Commuter)
- Comox Valley – including handyDART
- Fort St. John – including handyDART for customers heading to vote
- Kamloops – scheduled routes only
- Kimberley – available on route 24 Kimberley Local only (on-request service) between 8:00am and 4:00pm. Please call the day prior to book
- Kitimat – including handyDART
- Regional District of Nanaimo - available all day on all routes
- City of Nelson – on routes 1 Uphill, 2 Fairview, 3 Rosemont and 4 Nelson Airport only
- Port Alberni – including handyDART
- Prince George – available all day on all routes
- Quesnel – available all day on all routes
- Revelstoke – available all day on all routes
For more information on routes and schedules, please visit bctransit.com and select your community. For information on where you can vote, visit the Elections Canada website at https://www.elections.ca/home.aspx.