Rapid Transit Technology
- Service is operated with rail or high capacity bus in a lane separated from other forms of traffic
- Moves high volumes of passengers quickly and efficiently with limited stops
- Connects to major regional destinations
- Service is very frequent throughout the day and evening with service every 5 to 15 minutes.
- Rapid Transit has the ability to influence land use density around stations and the centres it connects
- Amenities included Park & Rides, transit stations instead of stops with premium shelters, level door boarding, off-board fare payment, real-time customer information and bike storage
Rapid Transit in Victoria
Click here for full details and information on the Victoria Regional Rapid Transit Project.