The City of Penticton and BC Transit wants your input into how we can improve transit serving Penticton.
BC Transit in partnership with the City of Penticton undertook a comprehensive transit service review of Penticton. The review included two rounds of public consultation and significant stakeholder engagement. Penticton City Council received a series of transit service recommendations born from this review on September 4, 2012. The recommendations have been referred for consideration in the upcoming budget process.
Thanks again to all who joined us at the Penticton Transit Future open houses or who filled in a survey online. The online survey is now closed.
We have analyzed and summarized your comments and feedback, which will now be integrated into our final report. The report will be presented to the City of Penticton Council later this year.
Below is a summary of the most common feedback we received:
- Additional HandyDART services received overwhelming support and are seen as a priority.
- Many respondents felt that the existing system works well and that it should be used as a framework for expansion, with improved marketing.
- There was limited support for downsizing the fleet from 5 to 4 routes as outlined in Option 2. Strong concerns were raised about any potential removal of service from the Uplands/Haven Hill area and to a lesser degree in the Penticton Avenue area.
- Changes to the evening route and the addition of a Route 5 in conjunction with a modified Lake to Lake on Sunday were very well supported.
- Expanding the hours of operation on Sunday was well supported.
- Contingency hours for special events were seen as positive.
- Improved frequency on Route 5 and other key routes were seen as important but not as a much of a priority as other identified improvements
May 2012 - Penticton Open House Dates
We want to hear from you! Visit us at any of the upcoming open houses.
|Tuesday May 29, 2012||11 am - 1 pm||Penticton Senior's Drop In Centre
2965 South Main St
|Friday, June 1, 2012||10:30 am - 1:30 pm||Penticton Public Library
785 Main St
|Saturday, June 2, 2012||8:30 am - 12:30 pm||Downtown Community Market
200 Block, Main St.
|10 am - 3 pm||Cherry Lane Shopping Centre
2111 Main St.
If you can't make it to an open house, you can review the proposed transit options below then take the online survey. The online survey will be available until June 8.