Your Community Today
The Transit Future Plan for Kamloops Transit was completed in 2012. This plan provides a road map for the development of transit network in Kamloops over the next twenty five years. In 2012-13 a few recommendations from the Plan were implemented .Following is a list of improvements that have already been made to the system in 2013:
- 9 Gleaneagles increased frequency to 15 minutes, 7 am to 7 pm.
- Combined route 10 Northshore and 5 Pineview
- Increased service on 1 Tranquille and 2 Parkcrest
- Eliminated Route 11 Lorne
- Introduced summer service reductions
- Completed the new operations and maintenance facility
Kamloops Transit carried approximately 3 million passengers over 2.6
million kilometres in the year 2013- 2014. The fleet is being modernized
with the addition of 25 new CNG buses to the fleet. These buses are
expected to arrive in Spring of 2015. BC Transit and the City of Kamloops
is also preparing to implement the second round of recommendations from
the Transit Future Plan to improve the efficiency of the system and
better address the mobility needs of the community.