To help make the transit experience pleasant and
comfortable, please be courteous and respectful
of your driver and fellow passengers.
We encourage you to follow these simple
suggestions while travelling with BC Transit:
- Although BC Transit serves everyone on a first-to-board basis, we extend a special thank you to
our customers who give up their seats for people
with disabilities or mobility challenges. Courtesy
seating, located at the front of the bus, meets the
needs of all transit customers, and is especially
- Customers who use scooters, wheelchairs,
pediatric strollers or other mobility aids
- Customers with a disability or mobility issue
- Customers with baby strollers
- Do not stand in the doorways. This is for your
safety and so customers can quickly enter
and exit the bus. Please stand behind the red
or yellow lines.
- When the bus is full, please move to the back
of the bus to accommodate as many passengers
- Seats are for customers, not bags, feet or wet
umbrellas. Please allow others to make use of
the seats. Place and hold your bag on your lap
or on the floor where it will not obstruct the aisles
or other customers.
- We appreciate your help in keeping the bus clean.
Take your garbage with you when you leave.
- Be mindful of your belongings as you walk
through the bus — you may be accidentally
bumping into other customers as you pass.
- A bus ride is a great time to listen to music,
but please be considerate — loud music coming
from a headset can bother others.
- Please keep your in-person and cell phone
conversations at a reasonable sound level
- Try not to get involved and engage