"The coming decades will present environmental, economic and social challenges. They also present an opportunity to transform our communities into places that are even healthier and more livable. Building sustainable transportation networks that integrate and promote walking, cycling and transit will be key in realizing that vision.
Manuel Achadinha, President
and CEO, BC Transit
Shaping our Vision: BC Transit Strategic Plan 2030
With your help, we created a vision for the future of transportation in B.C., detailed in BC Transits Strategic Plan: 2030.
In that plan we set five priorities:
- Develop financial sustainability: Making sure we can continue to deliver the transit system you want now and in the future.
- Support livable communities: Helping plan and build communities where its easy to get around by walking, cycling and on transit.
- Change the perception of transit: Offering transit that fits in our lives and improves our communities.
- Deliver operational excellence: Continually improving our service by listening to input from our customers and delivering the safe, reliable, efficient transit services you demand.
- Strengthen our people and partnerships: By being an adaptable, socially responsible workplace of choice and by working to build and strengthen new and existing partnerships.
The Next Step
Columbia is diverse. We need your input to ensure transit plans meet each communitys
unique transportation needs. Your input is key in developing Regional Transit
Plans blue prints for the future of transportation in your region.